Frequently Asked Questions
Student Accommodation One is the global accommodation metasearch engine, allowing you to compare accommodation options and find accommodation that will suit your lifestyle and budget. Our services are free for individual users. Find now frequently asked questions and answers about Student AccommodationOne.
- Why use Student Accommodation One?
- Student Accommodation One allows you to compare accommodation from multiple accommodation providers and different types of accommodation. Compare the cost of renting a whole apartment versus renting a room versus staying with a homestay host. Some of the homestay hosts provide breakfast, lunch or dinner. It means you will be able to compare if staying in accommodation with food is cheaper than shopping and cooking on your own.
- Does Student Accommodation One charge a fee?
- We do not charge any commissions or fees to individual users of our websites. The accommodation provider may charge fees, such as booking fees, admin fees or other fees, depending on the selected accommodation.
- How much does it cost to put a listing?
- Listing is free for individuals users. For partners, affiliates, and real estate agencies, we charge a relatively small subscription fee, please contact us.
- How does Student Accommodation One make money?
- Through a combination of commission, subscription and advertising from our partners. We do not charge individual users of our website any fees or commissions.
- Is Student Accommodation One safe?
- For listings that are uploaded by a private individual, we do our best to review the listings. However, there is a chance it might slip from our net. Like any other site, you will need to be careful when dealing with another party online. Please read this to prevent scams.
- Are you open to a new partnership?
- We are always open to a new partnership, provided it align with our strategy, please contact us.
- Do you have a mobile app?
- It is certainly on our radar. We are balancing the maintenance cost and other priorities at the moment. Once we have a larger team, this is something that we would like to get it off the ground.
- I'm interested in becoming part of the team or a co-founder. Can I?
- Sure! Why not? Send us an email and let us know a bit about yourself.
- What’s your acquisition strategy?
- We are open to acquisition discussions. Our company is founded by a solo founder. Therefore, it gives the company flexibility in decision making.
- How much external investment Student Accommodation One has received?
- We funded ourselves from the outset. Interested in investing in Student Accommodation One, please contact us.
- Is Student Accommodation One a start-up?
- We were founded in 2009, so technically, we are not a start-up. However, we like to keep our start-up culture and mindset whilst providing an enterprise-level system at the same time.
- How was Student Accommodation One formed?
- Student Accommodation One was born from the idea of replacing the university's advertisement board. In the past, when someone would like to put a shared room for rent, they will need to go to the university's office and request a stamp before placing it on the university's board. The founder sees the need to resolve the issue. The second issue was that he was trying to connect overseas students with locally available accommodation.
- Where is Student Accommodation One based?
- We are based in Melbourne, Australia. Melbourne was voted as having the world's best coffee! We love our coffee and coffee culture!